Accidents Out of the Country

Home » Accidents Out of the Country

Canadians Injured in the United States

Accidents don’t always happen close to home. Our personal injury legal team at Chown Cairns LLP can assist you both by ensuring you receive benefits and disability compensation from your Canadian insurance company and by consulting with appropriate representation within the United States.

When you have been injured in the United States, having one of our personal injury lawyers from Chown Cairns LLP ensures your case will have the benefit of all our skills, expertise, and compassion on both sides of the border. We coordinate with our American personal injury legal contacts to ensure you will receive all the benefits to which you are entitled both within Canada and the United States.

Americans Injured in Ontario

Current legislation dictates that American citizens who suffer a serious personal injury within Ontario are often required to seek compensation from the liable parties through the Ontario legal system. Simply put, any American who is injured within Ontario may need to be represented by a lawyer practicing personal injury law in Ontario.

At Chown Cairns LLP, we are pleased to serve as co-counsel with our American counterparts. We offer our American clients the same skilled and compassionate expertise as our local clients as we work to obtain all the benefits and compensation to which you may be entitled.

Our office is conveniently located in St. Catharines, which is close to several border crossings between Ontario and New York State. We have extensive experience helping clients who have suffered a tragic loss or personal injury as a result of:

  • Motor vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, RV, boating and commercial trucking, including those involving drunk driving)
  • Mass transit accidents (buses, trains, planes, including railroad crossings)
  • Slip and fall accidents (occupier’s liability)
  • Nursing and seniors’ home neglect
  • Animal attacks (including dog bites)
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Amusement park accidents
  • Fatal accidents

Contact Our Southern Ontario Law Office

Serving the surrounding areas of southern Ontario including St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-lake, Hamilton, Welland, Fort Erie and Grimsby.

Whatever serious personal injury you have suffered within Ontario or the United States, we will be able to assist you. Please contact our office at 1-905-346-0775  to arrange a free, one hour consulation to find out how we can help.